MOONSPECS eyewear frames have been curated in line with our simple mantra - “Look good, feel good.”
We define this by combining youthful, on-trend aesthetics with flexible, lightweight materials, crafted to give you effortless comfort and fit. We focus on statement pieces that make you stand out, with a sense of quality you’ll want to wear every day.
The First Line in Comfort
In order to ensure our glasses tick all the boxes for comfort and wearability, we only select the highest quality materials including:
- Ultra-lightweight and durable materials like TR90 and ULTEM
- Thin, lightweight and impact resistant lense material from Mitsui Japan
- Soft silicone nose pads
- Coated temple (arm) tips
- Thin temples (arms) to minimize unnecessary weight
The Materials We Use
Fun fact: TR90 is the dominant eyewear plastic in South Korea, where it was invented as an alternative to acetate which it is illegal to produce. As it is superior in quality to conventional plastic, we use TR90 for most of our polymer frames.
- Lightweight and flexible. You can twist a TR90 frame and it won’t break or change shape
- Durable and impact-resistant, making it a good choice for athletes and children
- Can be richly colored and patterned
- Injection-molded, unlike acetate which is usually hand-milled
Our Top TR090 Frames
Acetate is the most common polymer used in premium and designer eyewear.
Derived from plant-fibre, it’s more eco-friendly than plastics that have petroleum origins. Liquid acetate is first mixed with additives or colorings, then formed into solid sheets or blocks which are cured in controlled conditions for a year. When ready, the sheets are cut into individual frame components and assembled by hand.
This complicated process makes acetate eyewear more expensive than glasses made from plastic or metal.
- Durable and hard with an attractive glossy finish
- Heavier than plastics, giving it a sturdier, more “premium” feel
- Can be more richly colored and patterned than TR90. However, as it is handmade, colors may vary between different batches
- Can be injection-molded, but most acetate eyewear is hand-cut and polished
Our Top Acetate Frames
Metal is the most common material for eyewear frames. It’s highly favored for its strength, durability and resistance to corrosion. Glasses made from thin metal rims are also called wireframe glasses. They’ve become super popular in Korea lately for their lightweight form (not to mention, they’re cute!)